Product Management Manager
Product Management Function is to develop new products according to Product Management Strategy and market trend in order to meet product’s KPI in terms of profitability, customer’s and distribution’s satisfaction
Product Management Manager is responsible for product development and all activities related to product implementation.
The job holder is to carry out various aspects of product development, product implementation and product intelligence to ensure the quality of product development and product launching smoothly as required
2. Main Responsibility
Perform all of the following tasks, as required by the head of Product Management:
- Identify areas for the growth of the product and differentiating features.
- Provide evident (market mapping, competitor analysis…) supporting for designing and developing products that are saleable and profitable.
- Prepare regularly competitive reviews, market intelligence reports and related product progress updated to be presented to Product Development Committee.
- Coordinate with Legal, Actuary, and Operation in preparing policy wordings of new products, reviewing/updating the wordings of existing ones.
- Coordinate with IT and related departments for implementing new products in system.
- Coordinating/prepare adequate training and marketing materials for new products; support in conducting product training to agency force and support all administrative matters related to the product launch events to ensure smooth product implementation and launch.
- Collaborate with product team members in preparing application dossier for product filing to regulators.
- Support head of Product Management in organizing product surveys (e.g. focus groups, sales meeting, etc.) to make sure that new product ideas reflect market’s needs and meet sales force’s expectations.
- Support the head of Product Management to create complete business case documentation to be presented to the Product Development Committee for any new product/restructuring/withdrawal.
- Support head of Product Management to develop and manage performance model for product portfolio with the analysis of product performance both qualitative and quantitative. Proactive in generating ideas, initiatives supporting for product performance.
- Give post launch support to all functions such as Distribution, Training, Operation,...
- Support the head of Product Management/Actuary in ad-hoc project as required from time to time
- Supervise daily activities of junior staff, providing instructions and guidance on work related matters.
- Actively study towards a recognized insurance qualification (FLMI- LOMA)
3. Qualification and Experience Requirement
- Minimum 1 year of experience in working in multi-national companies
- At least 4 years experience spent in insurance product development
- Well-developed managerial, communications, negotiation, analytical, organizational, project management and strategic and/or operational planning skills
- Good at written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects at one time
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially PowerPoint, Word